AfriSQuare Forums

Home Forums African History  MURDER OR MOTHER?  I WILL NOT TELL YOU.

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
    EZEMMỤỌ
    Participant

Murder or mother? Is there a difference? Unequivocally, yes!

Will I tell you the difference? Unmistakably, No.

I will not tell you because I am too exhausted to say that a mother brings to life, nurtures, feeds, provides for, and protects. It is a herculean task telling you how murdering contrasts mothering.

I wonder why I should even tell you that to murder is to end everything a mother began. I will not tell you that murdering puts out the light on what a mother has painstakingly and painfully put in place.

Oh, hold on. In this worldly jungle of almost eight billion people, you expect me to tell you that Africa has the lion share and it sits kingly as the continent with the most countries? Is it not a joke that you want me to remind you that the lion, wounded, deprived, hungry, or bruised, is still the King of the Jungle?

Ordinarily I am a nice guy. I could have listed the countries in Africa but I am too lazy to mention that Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Chad, Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Sierra

Leone, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Lesotho,

Swaziland, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea and the island countries of Cape Verde, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros, and perhaps one

or two more countries all stride towards relevance from the African soil.

I will not tell you to either help mother Mother Africa or do otherwise.

I could prepare a meat-riddled, tasty, and tempting pot of bitter leaf soup with the same amount of time you expect me to expend explaining that the African continent has a unique place in human history.

Are you not aware that Africa is widely believed to be the “cradle of humankind,”? Are you serious? You didn’t know? Haba mana! You did not know about the fossil evidence of human beings (Homo sapiens) and their ancestors through

each key stage of their evolution? I do not like science, neither do I like history, I would have told you about the Australopithecines, our earliest ancestors; Homo habilis, our tool-making ancestors; and Homo erectus, a more robust and

advanced relative to Homo habilis that was able to walk upright. But how can I share all that? what do I know about science? Omo, I will not tell you.

You want me to tell you about the stone age? Can you really talk about humanity’s stone age without referring to the master masons – the Africans, who went through rock-hard contours to find answers to complex, simple, and even

domestic questions of humankind’s formative years? You want me to also tell you about these ancestors who were the first to develop stone tools, and, more importantly, to explore and migrate?

If I had 25 hours in my day, I would give up the extra hour to inform you that Africa has moved from the backyard area of world football to asking major questions on the global football table. But you know what? Like everyone else I have

only 24 hours in each of my days, so, no! I do not have the time. I will not tell you because it is ridiculous that I will openly tell you how Morocco now gallantly ranks right up there atop world football? Or you don’t believe that the number

four position is a top spot?

There is a reason the dog follows the over-fed pot-bellied man around – if he does not stool, he might vomit, and either way, its food for the dog. You doubt the global relevance and prominence of Africa’s rich natural resources? You

question how much interest the rest of the world have in Africa?

Wait, you really do underestimate the universal input from Africa’s arable lands, water bodies, oil, natural gas, minerals, forests and wildlife? I definitely will not spend energy telling you that the continent holds a huge proportion of the

world’s natural resources, both renewables and non-renewables. I will not tell you because I expect you to know that Africa is home to some 30 percent of the world’s mineral reserves, eight per cent of the world’s natural Gas and 12 percent

of the world’s oil reserves.

Don’t wait for me to tell you that the continent has 40 percent of the world’s gold and up to 90 percent of its chromium and platinum, and the largest reserves of cobalt, diamonds, platinum plus uranium in the world. Don’t wait for me, I

will not tell you. I will not tell you that Africa holds 65 per cent of the world’s arable land and ten percent of the planet’s internal renewable fresh water source.

I find it hard to tell you that in most African countries, natural capital accounts for between 30 and 50 percent of total wealth and that over 70 per cent of people living in sub-Saharan Africa depend on forests and woodlands for their

livelihoods.

I know you think the vast variety of countries and cultures of Africa discourage foreigners from considering Africa as a destination to work, study, volunteer, or even retire. You didn’t know that Africa is an attractive retirement destination,

with a pleasant climate, low cost of living, great natural beauty, good healthcare, and an adequate infrastructure?

I will not tell you that Africa is a choice destination for Europeans, Americans, and Asians for work or tourism. I will certainly not let you in on this secret – adventurous expatriates, who do not mind a country and culture vastly different

from their own to work or volunteer in, have access to a significant amount of employment and career opportunities.

There are several destinations in West Africa that are attractive for retirees, such as The Gambia, Ghana, and Cape Verde, for example, is attracting a growing community of African-American retirees. I will not tell you this. I won’t.

Did you not know how much finesse and artistic value the African art works of Nok and Benin had? Why do you think they were moved out of Africa?

I am struggling to tell you how Oceans also contribute to a wide range of vital human needs and activities—from transportation and recreation to food production and the development of medicines. I am reluctant to say that ocean

sustainability enhances most countries’ national developmental plans and are one of the Sustainable Development Goals.

I am too tired to say that our precious blue resources—our oceans and coastlines— have unique ecosystems that sustain the continent’s rich biodiversity, balance the food chain, and support social and economic development in countries like

Egypt, South Africa, Guinea, Somalia, and others.

It is the one who carries the leaves that the goat follows. Why should I then tell you how to treat the golden fish? It is exhausting for me to advise you to nature and nurse a continent whose blue economy is projected to be worth $405 billion

by 2030.

If you must keep milking the cow, then you must keep feeding it. If Africa has proven indispensable in the global scheme of things, is it fair that I go ahead to tell you how to treat the same Africa?

Mother-child relationships in Africa are significantly sacrificial.  Mothers of Africa are as large-hearted as Mother Africa. They nature, feed, and cater for their offspring regardless of how they feel? How would you handle a sacrificial mum?

Will you strengthen her or scuttle her efforts?

Believe me I am struggling. I am struggling to ask you this: are you murdering or mothering the continent of Africa?

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Admin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.